Info: Sustainable Packaging with Biocomposites
Sustainable Packaging with Biocomposites
8th Biocomposites Conference Cologne
14–15 November 2019, Maternushaus, Cologne, Germany
The food industry in particular, but also other industries, are looking for more sustainable packaging solutions that do not compromise the quality of the packaging. Here, biocomposites can offer completely new solutions that can also be convincing in terms of feel and appearance. Leading companies from Finland, Norway and Germany will present their latest developments. The packaging session will be followed by the sustainability session. The sustainability of biocomposites and their role in the circular economy will be demonstrated using several examples from the automotive, construction and toys sectors.
- Sebastian Meyer, Golden Compound (DE): Sunflower Seed Shells: A Unique Rawmaterial for Biocomposites - Abstract here
- Maija Pohjakallio, Sulapac (FI): Material Innovations that Leave no Microplastics Behind - Abstract here
- Anselm Wohlfahrt, Institut für Holztechnologie Dresden (DE): Mushroom-based Material as a Plastic Alternative - Abstract here
- Thomas Kristiansen, Borregaard (NO): Sprucing up Bio-composites
- Michael Carus, nova-Institut (DE): Sustainability of Natural Fibres and Biocomposites
- Hans Korte, DR. HANS KORTE Innovationsberatung Holz & Fasern (DE): How the Environment Benefits from a Wood-based Composite Nail Compared to a Steel Nail - Abstract here
- Hanaa Dahy, BioMat at ITKE / University of Stuttgart (DE): Re-thinking Sustainability in the Building Industry: BIO-Materialisation & Digitalisation - Abstract here
- Ana Ibánez Garcia, AIJU-Technological Institute for Children`s product and leisure (ES): Let`s Play to be more Sustainable - Abstract here
- Lisa Wikström, VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland (FI): Biocomposites in Circular Economy - Abstract here
Have you considered to book a booth? You find information on the exhibition here. Experience shows that the exhibition is booked out very quickly.
If you will come with some colleagues and book a booth, sponsoring can be a very attractive option! You are welcome to benefit from the high innovative business environment as a sponsor of the Biocomposites Conference.
Last but not least, producers and inventors of innovative, new applications for Biocomposites are invited to hand in their applications for the innovation award “Biocomposite of the Year 2019" - sponsored by Coperion - until end of September.
Your nova-Conference Team