Info: Putting biocomposite granulates to use: Less plastics without compromising performance and processability
8th Biocomposites Conference Cologne
14–15 November 2019, Maternushaus, Cologne, Germany
Biocomposite granulates can offer more sustainable materials with a lower environmental footprint. Additionally, biocomposites can offer special properties such as higher stiffness and strength. The world is looking for new solution to replace and reduce petrochemical plastics. The session “WPC and NFC Granulates for Injection Moulding, Extrusion and 3D Printing” presents ready to use granulates for a broad range of applications: cellulose and wood fibre or cork granulates for toys, consumer goods and even in space applications. Kraft Lignin is combined with corn cobs, hemp fibres with PP as well as different PLA compounds. Please take a look to the programme below and find out what biocomposite granulates can offer you to make a difference in optic, haptic, environmental footprint and marketing image.
- Ralf Ponicki, UPM Biocomposites (FI): UPM Formi; Successful Replacement of Fossil Based Plastics by Using Sustainable Formi Products Based on Cellulose Fiber
- Dirk Zimmermann, Amorim (DE): Biocomposite Innovation with Natural Cork - Natural Born Technology with AMORIM - Abstract here
- Jeremiah Dutton, Trifilon (SE): Trifilon Biocomposites – Advancing Sustainability & Performance with Hemp Fibres - Abstract here
- Florian Graichen, Scion (NZ): BioLite, This Swedish Company is Calling it a ‘Second Generation Biocomposite’ - Abstract here
- Andreas Haider, Kompetenzzentrum Holz (AT): PLA/PHA Bio-based Blends for Injection Molding and 3D Printing Process - Abstract here
- Amélie Tribot, Université Clermont Auvergne, CNRS (FR): Valorization of Kraft Lignin and Corn Cob by-Products into PLA-Matrix based Biocomposites: Characterization of Injected-molded Specimens - Abstract here
- Franck Baradel, Omya International (CH): Enhancing Biopolymer Biocomposites with Functional Minerals
Have you considered to book a booth? You find information on the exhibition here. Experience shows that the exhibition is booked out very quickly.
If you will come with some colleagues and book a booth, sponsoring can be a very attractive option! You are welcome to benefit from the high innovative business environment as a sponsor of the Biocomposites Conference.
Last but not least, producers and inventors of innovative, new applications for Biocomposites are invited to hand in their applications for the innovation award “Biocomposite of the Year 2019" - sponsored by Coperion - until end of September.
Your nova-Conference Team