Info: Biocomposites: Less plastics without compromising performance and processability
High-performance Applications and Latest Innovations: 8th Biocomposites Conference Cologne
14-15 November 2019, Cologne, Germany
In session "High-performance Applications and Latest Innovations", high-performance applications of biocomposites will be presented that would hardly have been possible just a few years ago. The focus is on excellent mechanical properties and lightweight construction, achieved through new biopolymers, optimized natural fibers and new process paths. The areas of application include structural components from the automotive and construction sectors:
- Elizabeth Eaves, Avantium Renewable Polymers (NL): Humins – A Novel and Versatile Raw Material for Bio-based, Sustainable Composites - Abstract here
- Werner Klusmeier, Yanfeng Automotive Interiors (CN/DE): Application of Natural Fibre Materials in the Interior of a Car - Status and Development
- Daniel Lang, CORDENKA (DE), Dirk Punke, BÜFA Thermoplastic Composites (DE): Cordenka Cellulose Fibres – Properties and Opportunities in Plastic Reinforcements - Abstract here
- Heidi Peltola, VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland (FI): Improving the Performance of Wood Fibre Reinforced PLA Biocomposites - Abstract here
- Martin Zahel, Papiertechnische Stiftung (DE): Functionalization of Cellulosic Fibres via Reactive Extrusion - Abstract here
- Nina Graupner, Hochschule Bremen - University of Applied Sciences (DE): Natural Fibre-reinforced Composites for Structural Applications Based on Novel Low Twisted Bast Fibre Yarns - Abstract here
- Per Brynildsen, Kebony (NO): Kebony - A Sustainable Technology for Exterior Wood Products
- Peter Ooms, Lorenz Kunststofftechnik (DE): Newly Developed Thermosets with Natural Fibre Reinforcement Lower Production Costs
Have you considered to book a booth? You find information on the exhibition here. Experience shows that the exhibition is booked out very quickly.
If you will come with some colleagues and book a booth, sponsoring can be a very attractive option! You are welcome to benefit from the high innovative business environment as a sponsor of the Biocomposites Conference.
Last but not least, producers and inventors of innovative, new applications for Biocomposites are invited to hand in their applications for the innovation award “Biocomposite of the Year 2019" - sponsored by Coperion - until end of September.
Your nova-Conference Team